Sunday 21 July 2013

Whatsup guys :)

So, I need your help? Pretty please?

I decided to sit down again and try to work Traktor 2.6. Again.
Nope, still did not want to map with my Hercules RMX2, it was being a pain in the butt and I was getting really annoyed so I gave up (about time as well, it's been 6months)

I knew that it wasn't ''Traktor ready'' however it had been recommended and apparently mapping was supposed to be as easy as pie, which evidently is not so or I wouldn't have any of this stuff.

Now, I have always had my eye on the Traktor S4.

However my family seem to think otherwise.

I need help deciding...

Do I do:
(what I want to do)
a/ Sell the RMX2 on Ebay and buy an S4 and it be done with.

OR

(what my family want me to do)
b/ keep trying to map it (as I have been for 6months) or bii/ get new software.

I personally want the S4, I think it will solve my laptop problems and solve this hassle because I know it works really well and I have tried it before. It's so much better and opens many more windows of opportunity to improve my skills in DJ'ing.
I would also like something that feels more like something I can take care of. Having a MacBook doesn't suddenly mean that everything on it is of great performance and amazing quality. Granted, it has boosted my current equipment but, I would love to have something that I know will last a longer time and sorry Hercules, my RMX2 is starting to feel a bit flimsy after 6months.
Its great kit don't get me wrong, it will always be what started DJ'ing on, however I feel I need to move onto something more advanced - I am running out of things to explore.

My family want me to get another software, such as Serato or so, but that means more boring research and more endless trying out stuff and means that Traktor will be a waste of money. I am sure there is nothing wrong with the software in this situation.
I have also used the RMX2 to its fully capacity and cannot improve my DJ'ing to a standard of which I feel comfortable sharing with the public, unless I move onto something which will allow me to do so.

I had quite a few troubles getting my hands on an RMX2, I'm not superstitious or anything but I think if I was meant to have one and keep it for an extended period of time, it would have been much easier to get it all sorted and running.

This small monstrosity also means that I cannot DJ as much I would like to until a decision is made on what do to, however I will be DJ'ing with the other software I have (DJuced, which is also now not letting me improve) as much as I can!

If you have any ideas please contact me on any of the links below or on here and tell me what you think of the situation.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Sh4nn0nM4rt1n
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ShanDeeJayy

Thank you :)

P.S Money issues are nothing to do with my parents, this is all from my money.
If you have read all the way to here, you deserve an award my friend.



No comments:

Post a Comment